Thursday 2 June 2011

That's Just Life

Currently, I have an obsession with a particular colour... A colour which I'd pretty much neglected most of my life until now! And I simply Adore it ^ ^ Any Guesses?   _ _ _ _ _ _

Answer... No wait, another clue.
oui, Oui, OUI! YELLOW! just kidding, l'orange :)
It's such a beautiful colour, how did I, a colour loving person, discriminate against it?



Such lovely shades! I could slap myself for this late discovery. Especially as it goes very well with my tanned skin. I feel like orange isn't an easy colour to pull off, and Ping can! One of my talents is matching colours which go well and compliment each other, apparently. I guess I just could've developed this skill when my passion for fashion grew. Excuse if you don't like cheesy rhymes, but I get fascinated by them aha x)

So the story goes, I needed to find a prom dress for prom, and I had a quick look in Zara, my favourite shop along with Top Shop, and found a gorgeous orange dress, but it's for the prom after party rather than the actual event - unsuitable.

This is how it looks on me... excuse the rubbish quality of my phone camera, and the poses. I'm actually quite camera shy, but since I've started blogging, I've tried to take pictures more frequently.
Okay, so it doesn't look amazing but I like it anyway. And my skin looks paler here, not that I'm fibbing that I have a tan! My sister says I look Black. I just realised this is the 1st picture that I've posted of myself. Yes, I know I don't look the best or anything, I'm scared y'know of what people might think. But ah well, this is Ping anyway. FYI, I am VERY short. Not even 5'. My body is quite slim, but is very muscular =.= probably from years of fighting with my brother! But I never excercise so God knows how I got such chunky limbs. My legs especially as you can see. But oh well, least if I get attacked my strong legs can kick like a donkey muaha. My body shape I'd say is petite pear. I have a bigger lower half than top, although I'm size 6 / XS for tops and bottoms, which doesn't make sense to be honest but is definately true! I have quite a big bum in relation to me as a whole and a flat chest. I'm still growing though so I shan't be so bothered about it, although I'd love to be a bit more full, I have some, and they're mine, so I can't complain.

Zara is really blowing me away with their current collection instore. I have many many things I have on my list to get from there and Top Shop. If only I didn't have exams so I could work and get my wage they'd be sitting in my wardrobe *sigh*   but I've got some pictures of some of the clothes I've bought and WILL get
Yay, some more piccies ^ ^ excuse the awkward poses. I'm quite stiff with my poses and don't really like my face in them. Ah well, ALL or NOTHING, I'm going for ALL at the moment.
Just a little OOTD (sorry I'm shy ^ ^)
Dress - New Look £27
Leggings (50 Den) - H&M £5 (2 pairs)
Sandals - Primark £2.50
Denim Jacket (peeking out) - H&M £17
Satchel - TKMaxx £30

So that was my OOTD just for revision at school, then a quick shopping trip. Taking a break from heels, and I'm grabbing these sandals a lot lately. Bit tricky to slip my big toe in quickly when I'm rushing though hehe.

This cardigan from Zara I will buy, £20. It's so sofffft and comfy, great for chucking on for college and casual days. Sorry for the absolutely rubbish! photography.

Argh, skin looks very uneven and spotty, damn acne! I will beat it one day with my Erythromycin *evil laughs*  Anyway, the shorts, £22, I love! It doesn't look like here but they are really flattering and are a good length, not too short so that I show my stretch marks! Oh the joys of teenage growth =.=
And the organic cotton (yay!) peach coloured t-shirt, £10, is perfect for casual outings too. I simply CANNOT live without t-shirts, but I've been loving wearing dresses lately. I think this is just a very casual look for summer. I'm sold!
White vest top is 2 quid! from H&M, one of my fashion essentials. They come in so handy, love it. The skirt is an amazing colour. Oh I remember my banana phase aha xD I realised I look like I have big pushed up boobs here, but really, I'm flat. I'm really digging brights since my skin is still hanging onto its tan with its dear life. I really want it to last until my prom since I don't use fake tan anymore, but everyone else would, so I'd end up being the ghost / grudge floating around. I think the skirt £30, or £23?

Sorry! Really not the best picture to show the dress, but it's a very floaty white bandeau dress with a ruched bust area, plus it comes with a skinny dark tan belt to nip you in at the waist, lovely. I'm thinking maybe if it was a maxi version I'd look very grecian inspired - yes, my experimental middle parting and waves! I just though I'd try it out really, bored of my usual side parted waves. Will do a hair post if there are any requests or? But the dress was £26. I was lucky enough to reserve and grab the last size S out of the remaining last two. Only this and an L left! There's also a blue bird print version, and a hot pink, all with the same belt.
Sorry backtracking here, but with the orange dress, I'm thinking of wearing some nude heels. I only have about 2 or 3 pair of nude heels, but these were £12 from Matalan I bought ages ago but haven't worn. They're quite cute, but just a bit loose at my heels since they have cut-outs there. I bought them in size 4, I'm a 3 or 4, mostly 4. But these were loose and 3 was tight. I can't win. But anyway, orange + tan + nude = elegant? polished? I think so, the look is quite feminine. The muted colours intensifies and compliments the orange, to me! By all means, I am NO expert, I'm just saying what I think. I have a bluish green nail varnish on my toes, Collection 2000's Button Moon and I think it goes quite well. The colour looks suprisingly well on toes haha. Another experiment for me since I've strived away from my usual selection of black, corals, peaches or just french pink. I like polished feet since I love toe cleavage. A woman should take care of her feet anyway I believe. They work so hard taking us shopping, and getting squished in gorgeous heels, we shan't neglect them! File, Scrub, Moisturise, Mask! Guys like soft feet by the way :)

Anyway, that was quite an extended post, I better chain up my fingers to stop myself ranting on. I type what I'm thinking so I get a little carried away some  most of the times. I don't talk like how I think though, because I'd never shut up otherwise!
So, I think once my exams are over, I'll start doing some more of these posts which include photos. I hope I don't seem like one of those posey posies who takes pictures of themselves everyday though, because I am not. It has taken me a lot of courage to start this blog. After reading so many other blogs regularly, I felt like I really want somewhere where I can share the things I love, the things I want to voice out, the things that I want to talk about, anything. I just wanted a mini Ping planet.
I think I will do a couple of reviews, such as one on Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler as I love it so much, it deserves some spotlight. Maybe a nail varnish post, or a hair post if requested?

And THANK YOU for everyone who has visited Pingology. I've looked at the stats and seems like everyone is interested in Marlon, you know what I'm talking about, look at him in one of my previous posts.
But that's okay, you've become part of my world, because you're counted as a viewer.

Until now, arrivederci! (Amazing what Tom&Jerry can teach you aha - Italian?) x

No comments:

Post a Comment