Monday 28 May 2012

Tip #2 : Asian Stubborn Lashes

I have shortish, straight, thin Chinese lashes. Over the years, I've finally mastered how to get those buggars to stay up and curled all day, even up to a couple of days for me... When I can't be bothered removing the stuff.
My advice is: you don't need a very expensive mascara. Although brands such as Lancome are verryyy good, a simple waterproof mascara is all you need to achieve a curled long lasting look really. I highly recommend the Miss Sporty Fabulous Lash Waterproof Mascara, available at Boots. I've repurchased it many times over, and plus it's £3.29 for one! What a flipping bargain! So the tips goes, prime your lashes. I recommend using a good primer for this, Lancome do a good one called Cils Booster XL. Expensive though, but a good investment. When the primer is about dry, curl your lashes. Don't do this when lashes are still wet as the lash won't hold the curl. But invest in a good eyelash curler as well Asian ladies! The Shu Uemura one is my holy grail! I use the Cosmopolitan eyelash curler to lift my lashes first. So curl at the tips, middle, and roots. Then, using my SU eyelash curler, repeat the same process. This curler gives more of a curved finish to my lashes. From the side profile, it will look much more natural than if lashes stood straight up and hits against the eyelid. You know what I'm talking about?! Then apply a light coat of waterproof mascara first if you're going to use non waterproof formulas on lashes but wait for this to dry before applying other mascaras. I personally use all waterproof because it holds much better, and won't run as I have watery eyes. I yawn too much!
I also combine mascaras, as in I will use the primer, Miss Sporty mascara, then use a volumising mascara focusing on the roots, and finally a lengthening mascara on the ends. Before my Make Up For Ever Aqua Lash ran out, it was all I needed to use as it is an all round mascara. Unfortunately it's not available in the UK for me. I think that must be the best mascara I've ever used. But even Bioderma couldn't remove it... Vaseline does the trick though.
I just wanted to share my experience on how to beat the stubborn Asian lash syndrome, which is actually VERY annoying to others who may want to see what works for them. I see many Asian girls with good lashes, but could potentially have great looking lashes! Try it and see... It works for me, but may not work for everyone unfortunately. But hey, anything to get some flutter in those sexy eyes!

I'd love to know if it works for any of you!!!

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment