Saturday 9 July 2011

Eye Eye Captain

Hello, this is just a post of my eye. Out of my entire face, my eyes get the most make up. I only really wear eye and lip make up, not that I don't need face make up, just that I hate the feel of it on my skin. One thing I can say I don't need is blusher. It's like I have a permanently flushed face, even if I did ever put foundation on the pink would still peek through. People say I have cute cheeks - typical Asian ones.
But here is a picture of my eye make up... (I know it's not exactly good, but it's how I do it)

  

without flash, natural daylight



with flash, excuse my weird brow

So it's just a very natural looking eye look. Two layers of mascara with a little bit of gold eyeliner to highlight the inner corners of the eye - brings light to the eye so makes it appear brighter and more wide awake. I do not wear eyeshadow. I just think it doesn't look right on me. But here are the products I've used.



L-R
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers (£26 from a set in Hong Kong)
Soap & Glory Arch de Triumph (Present, Boots)
Miss Sporty Fabulous Lash Waterproof Black (£3.29, Boots)
Barry M Limited Edition Duo Eyeliner - Silver and Gold (£10 from set, Clothes Show Live)
Korres Provitamin B5 & Rice Bran Mascara Black 01 (£15)

I curl my lashes in three places with my eyelash curler, which is honestly one of the things I'd save in a fire, at the tip first, then at the middle, then finally at the root. I find in this order creates a smoother curl instead of a "boxy", unnatural curl that sticks straight up - one of my pet peeves! >.< FYI, I also curl my bottom lashes to open up my eye a bit more.
I then use a thin layer of the Korres mascara as a base, so that my lashes will be a bit longer as the mascara is lengthening, and to hold the curl better. I then wait for that to dry, then apply a coat of the Miss Sporty mascara. This really builds my lashes and makes them really thick and voluminous, but it can clump because it dries quite quickly. I, in a way, style my lashes. I like my lashes to be a certain shape, a bit like a fan I'd say, and I use the mascara wand to separate my lashes, then use my tweezers to clump some together so it looks more dolly. I put my concealer under my eye just to brighten the area, not so much to conceal darkness. I use one from Aldi, which has been compared to YSL's Touche Éclat, but at a fraction of the cost at £3.49!!! I use it in Cashmere I think, which is a bit light but does the trick. I don't have a picture of that sorry. Anyway, I then line the gold end of my eyeliner on my tearduct area and a bit across the inner third of my eye. I blend it later with a cotton bud to soften it up, but I saturate the gold right at my tearduct then fade it out. My brows don't look great here, but they looked fine in real life damn it. I used the shading end of Arch de Triumph to fill in my brows slightly, I don't really use the highlighting end but it's quite good as a base for my eyeliner and to stop my eyelids from oiling up too much. I fill in my brows, then swipe a cotton bud over to remove the excess because I don't like looking too bushy... aha. After, I use this wonder tool to comb through and shape my brows which makes them look neat.


3 in 1 Beauty Tool ($?? from Sasa, Hong Kong)

I bought this ages ago from HK. It's basically an eyelash curler, which is okay to revive curls throughout the day, with a build in eyelash comb and brow brush, which slides out. I find this very useful although I only use the brow brush. It's great if I'm limited for space in my bag, in that case I leave out my beloved Shu Uemura curlers.
I really wanted to ramble, but I'm just too tired at the moment. Thinking of doing a haul or a review...

Just a quick note though, I had my school Prom last friday. I got my make up done at MAC in Debenhams. I'm actually considering buying my first foundation from them, although I have considered Lancome or Chanel as well. The make up artist used Studio Sculpt Foundation which was quite nice, but went patchy after a few hours of sweaty dancing, despite it being set with an MSF. I hated the shine it gave me though in my prom pictures, which is a damn bloody shame! I had no nice pictures T~T
I'm considering Studio Sculpt, and the one in the compact... Studio Tech? Not too sure, but it's the creamy compact one. I loved that when I put some on my hand. I really liked Peachykeen blush on my cheeks too. I think I will get the lipstick in Hue, since my Myth has ran out. I've been eyeing up Shy Girl as well. If only I could change my Impassioned which I don't even use! for either of those, life would be great. Btw, I'm not trying to sound MAC-y, it's just whilst I'm on the subject, I might as well chip in. I have no money for make up... Clothes comes first... most of the time. And I really need to start using a camera to take pictures, not my phone.

Anyway, Goodnight lovelies who actually read to this far! x

No comments:

Post a Comment