Friday 17 February 2012

January Favourites

Hello everyone! So SORRY I've not been posting in such a long time. I've just been so busy and stressed that I thought that I'd take a break from it. I've missed posting all through the time I've been away, promise!
But thought I'd do a quickie post on my favourites for January, and for half of December since I came back from Hong Kong plus February... Stay tuned :)


Left of screen to Right of screen:

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter   Boots £5.10 (currently £3.40, go grab it!)
 This was 1st introduced to me by TheGlossGoss, who was my favourite blogger but is no longer blogging :(
I trusted her opinion 100% when she recommended this. When I had 1st bought it, I tried it but didn't like the smell as I thought it was too play-doughey compared to my Palmer's Cocoa Butter which I'm so used to, and didn't use it for quite some time. I dug it out this winter and am loving it! It leaves my skin so smooth and silky. I'm quite happy to recommend this and Vaseline's Sheer Infusion body lotion which is great in the summer time.

Tony Moly Peach Anti-Aging Hand Cream   Sasa HK $55
 When I was in HK, i wasn't used to the humidity there. My skin was so dry, my face broke out, my scalp was shedding like mad! Probably contributed by using Pantene shampoo since it is too drying for my scalp. My hands were also chapping, which is crazy since they are never dry, even during winter in the UK. So I rushed into Sasa to find a hand cream, emergency! And I found this cute looking peach thing and decided to give it a shot. Wow, all I can say is Wow for the smell. Heavenly! Peaches and more peaches! Only because I love the smell, and the packaging is so adorable. But also, the cream is a great consistency and absorbs really well into my skin w/o leaving a residue. Only downside is having to scoop my fingers in to get product out... unhygienic!

Mark Hill Style Secrets Va Va Voom Blowdry Mousse  Boots £5.61
 I've been using this non stop after every time I wash my hair to give it some much needed volume. However, if you want a very voluminous look this might not be for you as I'd say it's more of a natural body giver rather than a full on volumizer. I only apply a small amount as a fraction too much and your hair will be sticky! But I've mastered how much to use and it leaves my hair soft and bodylicious. However, I can say that I can really feel and see the difference when I don't use this, my hair is much softer, but flatter and SO unmanageable. So, I love this product :)

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler   HK International Airport $260 for set
 This is my desert island product. I cannot say enough good things about this eyelash curler... It is just, pure genius. It fits my eye shape perfectly and never tugs on my eyelid. Most of all it just gives such a gorgeous curl which really lasts! I removed my mascara and my curl was still perfectly there, and that's coming from someone with naturally straight as lashes... Love.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash (Black) MUFE HK $240
 The hunt for my perfect mascara has ended. I've found it... It is just Amazing, coupled with my SU eyelash curler, it is just the dream team. It does everything that a mascara should: lengthen, volumise, curl and blacken my lashes to the MAX! I've read that some people don't get along with this mascara, it personally works great for me. I've tried many high end and drugstore mascaras, but nothing compares to this. I wish it didn't dry up so quickly though and is more available in the UK! $240? Hell is this worth it!

D&G The Collection 3 L'Impératrice EDT  Boots £39
 Or should I say 3900 points ;D I was in the middle of exams so thought, why the heck not treat myself while being stressed and under so much pressure! So I went wild and spent my Boots points. This perfume is my new love. It comes in such a big bottle as well, 100ml! I've stopped using my MAC Turquatic which I adore in favour if this. I'm so glad I went for this one and not Chloe by Chloe, which is nice, but not as pretty as this! I'm addicted to smelling this. It's nothing I'd usually go for - the aquatic, floral, more crisp smells- but it smells of kiwi and watermelon and raspberry and bunches of flowers, and I don't even like flowers! Wow, gosh... Just go and smell it for yourselves :D
Only thing is, it doesn't last as well as I'd like to... Plan A: drrrrrrrench myself in it!

Soap & Glory L'Arch de Triumph Eyebrow Shaper and Highlighter  Boots £8 (Present from set)
 I've been liking a more stronger, defined brow lately and this has been doing the job really well. The only cristicism I have is that it has glitters in the shaper side so in the sun my brows are Glittering! Haha. That should be quite nice if you wish to use it on your eyelid, like the highlighter side which you could probably use for an eyeshadow primer. You could even use it on your waterline or to highlight inner corners of the eye of cupids bow. Good muti-tasking product.

M.A.C. Pro Longwear Concealor NC35 £13.50
 I ran out of my Select Cover Up so bought this instead. It is a little dark for me at the moment but will match come summer. I don't use this directly on my blemishes, but I mix it into my BB cream which is too light and ashy for me. It comes in a cute little glass bottle and gives good coverage, but I have a Love/Hate relationship with the pump. I'm glad it has a pump, but I wish I had a bit more control over it. It always dispenses out waaaay too much product, since I'm only mixing it, and it just goes to waste, or I think "oh 'eckk" and mix the whole lot in, making me look orange! That is NOT the look I'm going for.

Skin 79 Super Beblesh Balm (Hot Pink)  Colormix HK $89
 I've heard sooo much about this on YouTube, so I thought that I had to try it out! It's HOT in Korea and we all know how good Korean people's skin is don't we? Initially, I tried it in HK when my skin was awful, and it did nothing. It looked like an oily ashy mess. So I didn't touch it and grabbed my Dr. Jart+ Black Label BB Cream instead, which didn't make this list, but it did give me a slightly patchy cakey look as it was so thick but I did like it. I thought it isn't working out so gave the Skin 79 one another go and...Voila. We got on :) It looks more natural than the Dr. Jart one, and gives a smooth finish. It is buildable on problem areas if you apply thin layers, and I love the pump! A little goes a long way and it is long wearing AND gives a dewy finish. Only thing is, after wearing it for a long day, my skin goes very oily and the BB Cream is transferable. Use powder if you wish. Give it a go if you're a BB Cream virgin like I was :)

M.A.C. Impassioned (Amplified) Lipstick  £13.50
 I was on a mad one when I bought this and Myth. WHY? Why on Earth did I buy this shocking pink when I could've been sensible and bought the more reserved Shy Girl ;) In fact, I was going to buy Morange! Oh I dooo love an orange lippy! Don't get me wrong, it is a gorgeous blue fuchsia pink which whitens teeth! And makes you look so perked up and amazing, but with my blemishes it'll only make them more noticeable. I just bought it and never used it. Recently I've found a new use for it though as a cream blush. My BB Cream mutes out my natural flush just a bit more than I'd like, making me look a bit flat in the face. So I literally dab this once on my hand and apply it to my cheeks, just past my apples across my cheekbones. Applying it directly onto my apples can look cute, but will make my face appear rounder.

M.A.C. Peachstock (Satin) Lipstick  £13.50
 Remember this when it came out with Give Me Liberty of London collection a while back? I'd wanted this colour so badly but it was sold out at both MACs by me. I was devastated when I found out it was a Pro product which the nearest store is in LDN, which I hardly visit. But "daaaaaaa", it strikes again and I grabbed it! It was the last one^^ and I am in love with it. It's such a goregous peach with hints of pink and brown. It goes with my skin tone so well, about NC30, like we we're meant to be together! It gives a nice finish, like all of the other Satins, and I just dab it on. No need to line lips either. Best £13.50 I've spent in my life!

Vo5 Miracle Concentrate Elixir with Argan Oil  Boots £4.99
 This is great stuff! I've never tried any argan/moroccan oil products before and this has lived up to its hype! Well the oil hype anyway. This product specifically, has a nice smell and a cute, handy little pipette and leaves my hair feeling really silky! I just apply it after blowdrying my hair to give a really smooth, glossy finish. You don't need a lot, but since I have long, thick hair, I'm quite generous with it. It is quite light so it doesn't make my hair greasy and heavy. I will be repurchasing this since I stupidly spilt half the bottle onto the carpet!

ALMOST FORGOT!
Shiseido Tsubaki Water Mist with Tsubaki Oil EX   HK Mannings $68
 This sprays amazingly! Sounds funny, but I've been thought many spray products which come out as a squirt or a shower or nothing at all! This gives a really fine mist of product which is great because you want to distribute evenly in your hair. It smells really pleasant, not that strong alcoholic smell like my Trevor Sorbie heat protectant which I've replaced with this, and I feel like it's really doing my hair some good. Since I've had my hair cut, I've been trying to really take care of it and keeping it healthy, and it seems as if this is helping. Yes, or no, it is a nice, affordable product to use. I'll be telling my parents to stock up for me when they holiday in HK later this year.

Quick mention of the Bioderma in the background, "ooh hello :)" unfortunately, it didn't make it into my favourites. These products are what I've been using to death. While I do like Bioderma, I prefer to use my cheap and cheerful Garnier Make-Up Remover. If you'd like to see a review on Bioderma, please don't hesitate to ask! Because I will happily do one for you :)

Wow... So much for a quick post! I should be doing my essays! Anyway, hope you enjoyed this.
I'll try and post more often when I have time. I think it'll be a nice way to get away from college work.

For now, have a nice day everyone :)
Ciao xx

P.s. Sorry about my granny curtains!

No comments:

Post a Comment